Two days of relax while you pedal across el Baix Empordà
You will stay during two nights in el Mas Vermell, a traditional Catalan farmhouse built in the XVII century and dedicated, generation after generation, to the cultivation of land and the husbandry of livestock. Besides, you will combine this stay with the possibility of doing a great combination of cycle routes while visiting the most representative villages of el Baix Empordà (Ullastret, Peratallada, l'Estartit, Parlavà, Torroella de Montgrí and Palau-Sator among others).
The farmhouse is composed of five different apartments identified by colours. In this case, we suggest you to stay in the red one.
All the apartments preserve the typical beauty of the traditional architecture of l'Empordà (stone walls, wooden beams, rustic furniture, a fireplace) combined with the actual facilities (heating system, television, ceramic hob, internet connexion, air conditioning and so on) to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
This, in particular, has two double bedrooms, a full equipped kitchen and bathroom.
Outside each apartment you will find a comfortable and cozy terrace, with tables and chairs, from where you will be able to enjoy the fantastic views and tranquility of Fontanilles.
There is also a common picnic area with barbecue, fully equipped as well.
Besides, the price of this package includes a one day rental of a pair of touring bikes that you can use to do any of the cycling routes or visit villages around Fontanilles. We suggest you some of the most varied and interesting ones (for all levels).
Conditions of Two days of relax while you pedal across el Baix Empordà
This package is indicated for 2 people and it can be booked for any day of the week.
The package consists of the following parts:
• Main activities
- Accommodation during two nights for two people in the red apartment of el Mas Vermell in Fontanilles.
- Bike rental for two people in order to do all the available routes across the Baix Empordà (included in the price of the package).
• Introduced as combinable activities (extra supplements)
- Balloon trip over the Baix Empordà (la Bisbal d'Empordà) only available during weekends.
- One hour horse trip across Begur for two people.
- The possibility of renting a pair of touring bikes for an additional day.
1) RED APARTMENT - Mas Vermell
Fully equipped accommodation for 2-3 people.
Bathroom available, two bedrooms, a full kitchen, two floors, porch and a communal area.
It also offers heating, TV, car park, a fireplace, internet connection via WiFi, a washing machine, a great garden, air conditioning, bedclothes and bath towels.
You will be able to enjoy its outdoor pool, barbecue, garden and private car park.
Check-in will be done at 16h and check-out at 12h.
2) BICYCLE ROUTES
Included in the price of the package, you will have at your disposal touring bikes that will let you do all the routes that you want in order to visit the closest villages to Fontanilles.
These are the three routes that we have prepared and suggest you. Even so, you can always change them and visit those villages that you prefer the most.
All the routes are designed so that the start and end point will be the same: the farmhouse.
• The l'Estartit Cycle Circuit (Fontanilles - Torroella - la Gola del Ter - els Griells - el Ter Vell (l'Estartit) - Mas d'en Pi - Molí del Mig - Torroella - Fontanilles).
A 32km long route that it is meant to be done in 3h.
It will take you from Gualta to the mouth of el Ter. Once there, you will head north until you nearly reach l'Estartit. In order to finish, you will head back to Fontanilles while you cross fields of different crops.
• Ullastret Circuit (Fontanilles - Palau-Sator - Ullastret - Fonolleres - Parlavà - Ultramort - Sant Iscle d'Empordà - Serra de Daró - Gualta - Fontanilles).
A 27km or 18km long route, depending wether you want it to be long or short.
This route will make you cross one of the most important sites of the area: the Iberian ruins of Ullastret as well as other small medieval villages. Remeber you can always stop and have something to eat or drink in one of the many restaurants you will fins along the way.
After 10km, once you leave behind Ullastret, you have two options: continue straight to Serra de Daró (short version) or you do an extra loop of nearly 9km passing through the villages of Parlavà, Ultramort and Sant Iscle d'Empordà.
• To les Basses d'en Coll (Fontanilles, Mas Romaguera, Platja de la Gola del Ter, Basses d'en Coll, Mas Gelabert, Fontanilles).
The route has a distance of 24km and the approximate time is 2h30.
You will cross the characteristic paddies of Pals as well as La Gola del Ter beach. If you turn you will reach les Basses d'en Coll and that will be your last point of interest of the route before heading back to Fontanilles.
Click these links and know more about the following activities.
3) A balloon ride for two while you discover l'Alt Empordà
4) Different horse routes around Begur
|Telephone:||(+34) 972 18 32 46 / (+34) 639 45 72 46|
|Timetable:||from 9 am to 7 pm|