Hot air balloon ride across la Garrotxa
Discover the Garrotxa N.P from the sky flying in a hot air balloon
Sportravelling recommends you this hot air balloon ride across la Garrotxa, in Girona.
A unique experience that allows you to fly in a hot air ballon and contemplate the different volcanoes of the Natural Park of the Volcanic Zone of la Garrotxa.
On clear days you can see Montserrat and the Mediterranean Sea, and famous mountains of Catalonia such as the Pedraforca, the Canigó, Montseny, etc. You will always have the Pyrenees as your background and different volcanoes under your foot.
Hot air balloon flights are usually done in the morning, when the wind is calmer and the atmosphere is colder and more stable.
The meeting place is very close to Croscat volcano, one of the most representative volcanoes of the Volcanic Zone of la Garrotxa. Very close from there you will find the takeoff field.
While the hot air balloon is being prepared, you can participate in its inflation, you can take pictures or have a coffee while you see the whole process.
During the hot air balloon flight, you will have a toast with champagne and will taste coca de llardons (a typical Catalan dessert).
Always keep in mind that the wind sets the direction of the hot air balloon.The flight usually takes between 1h and 1h30.
Once the hot air balloon lands, you will return to the meeting point where a traditional Catalan breakfast will be waiting for you with bread and tomato, sausages, Santa Pau beans, desserts from La Fageda, wine, ratafia and coffee.
In order to finish this hot air balloon adventure across la Garrotxa, a flight certificate will be given to you signed by the pilot. Undoubtedly, an activity specially designed for nature lovers and those who seek new sensations and want to enjoy the landscape and the views while feeling the absolute freedom of floating.
This hot air balloon ride is a very good gift for birthdays, for couples, families and friends.
Conditions of Hot air balloon ride across la Garrotxa
This activity is available all year long previously booked and confirmed
The price of this hot air balloon ride includes:
- Organization and inflation of the hot air balloon
- Coffee before the flight at the meeting point
- 1h-1h30 hot air balloon ride
- Toast with cava and taste of coca de llardons during the ride
- 4x4 transfer from the landing field to the meeting point
- Traditional Catalan lunch at the restaurant located in the meeting point
- Flight certificate signed by the pilot
- Flight and SL insurances
The activity will begin soon in the morning, between 7am and 8am (depending on the season). The whole activity takes approximately 5 hours.
The exact duration and the time of departure / start depends on the flight season.
The flight and all the activity is subject to weather conditions. In case of bad weather (rainy or windy days, etc.), flights will be canceled and done another day.
Important elements to consider:
- Hot air balloon flights are available for people from 5 to 100 years
- It is important that pregnant women do not do this activity
- All our hot air balloons are accessible by wheelchair, the cabin of the hot air balloon is enabled with doors and can perfectly accommodate elderly or disabled people.
- In the event that any of the participants have some food intolerance, it is important that you say so
- When it comes to clothing, you do not need to wear extremely warm clothes. Just regular season clothes depending on the season
- It is important not to wear high heels
You can take your own cameras to immortalize all the moments you live
|Telephone:||(+34) 972 18 32 46 / (+34) 639 45 72 46|
|Timetable:||from 9 am to 7 pm|